Comprehensive IT Solutions
FGT key staff have over 20 years experience in designing and implementing IT Infrastructure solutions.
Examples of the solutions we have done for our customers include:
- Server Consolidation and Virtualisation
- Storage Optimisation
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Networking (Wired and Wireless)
Case Study – Wireless Network
The Challenge – Expertise and Flexibility
A major retailer with over 200 stores in Australia and New Zealand recently decided to move their network infrastructure in their stores from a multi-vendor hybrid solution to a Meraki based solution of:
• MR33 Access Points
• MX65 Firewall with VPN
• MS220 Network Switch with POE
They needed an IT partner that could provide the expertise and flexibility to assist with the roll out of the network equipment.
Flexibility is required as the implementation could be at a new store build, refurbishment or just a technology replacement – each with its own set of technical and scheduling challenges.
Focus Group put together a proposal and have been tasked with the following:
• Procurement of the Meraki Hardware
• Pre configuration and staging of all equipment
• Shipment to designated sites
• Post configuration support and assistance
• Network changes upon implementation to the Pandora core cisco network.
• Project management and reporting.
Case Study – Data Archiving and Retention
One of Australia’s largest owned and operated security companies recently engaged Focus Group to assist with an archiving solution for their Vmware Virtual Machine environment. Data protection was occurring through snapshots and replication on their Nimble storage, but longer term archives were needed to provide longer recovery and free up Tier 1 storage on their Nimble array.
Focus Group designed, proposed and installed an archive solution based on Veeam Backup and Replication software on an HPE server platform involving hard drives and LTO7 tape technology.